Monday, September 29, 2008

2009 Sarasota Marathon

The 2009 Sarasota Marathon is quickly approaching. Lately I have been wavering back and forth attempting to make myself comfortable with the thought that I can again train for this and accomplish the task of beating the time of this year's Marathon.

Deep inside I know I can do it, just knowing that once I clear this mental hurdle I have to buckle down and start the road to fitness once again.

If there is one thing that completing my first Marathon has shown me it is that I can do it. No it isn't easy, but it shouldn't be either. While I am pretty convinced that just about anyone could do it, only a small percentage ever try.

For me it is not about the recognition, but the challenge, the goal, the effort. I get a strange enjoyment from the pain associated with it all.

So today shall be the day, the day of truth, the day that starts it all :) Pain and Joy here I Come!

2 comments:

Mary Rush said...

Love you dogged determinedness. Go get 'em tiger. .... grrrrr ....

Gail said...

We are with you with support all the way to the finish line

Gail and Judy