Sunday, February 3, 2008

Finding Success in Failure

Today was a mixed bag as far as the running goes...

The failure: Today was supposed to be a 17 mile run. I didn't make it, I don't know why really, just didn't feel like one of those days. I am not making excuses, it just didn't happen. This is normal with running, some days you've got it, some you don't.

After running the 15 last week, I was really hoping this would happen.

The Success: I did run another half-marathon. 13.1 miles. This time trimming even more time off. The 13.1 took me 2:07:03, this means that I shaved another 6 minutes off my half time... This I consider a great success!

This week I will only be running 2 times. I am going to skip the Tues, and I think I will move my medium length to Wed. This should give me a little more recovery time. I am working of course with the idea that I ran a little too much this week.


Stay tuned, there are only 4 Weeks until the Sarasota Marathon!

-matt-


----------------
Now playing: Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Mary Rush said...

Way to stay positive, Matt. That's the key. You will make your goal because you are sticking with it. Expectation is part of the success quotient. You are on the right track.
Love,
Aunt Mary