Saturday, January 7, 2012

Nest Update 1/7/2012

You read my First Impression post about the Nest, here's the day three update. Overall It's been pretty hands off so far.

Wednesday night, I set the thermostat for around 71 when we went to bed I set it for 67. Thursday morning, when I woke up, I set the thermostat for 70, and then a little later I set it for something like 72. On Thursday it was sunny so in the afternoon it got warm in my office, I turned the thermostat down around 12:30 pm.

To my surprise on Wed. night (I stayed up late) and it set itself down to 67 at the time I'd done so the night before. When I woke on Friday, the temp was already where I wanted it and it was good to go.

Nest is still in a "learning" status, but it's pretty much nailed my normal pattern so far. As you can see from the "https://home.nest.com/home" screenshot that it has built a basic schedule for us.

At this point I am still happy with Nest. I realized that you can actually create a schedule from the iOS App which is pretty cool. I also like that you can see the current and set temp from the App.

It will be interesting once it's collected enough data to calculate time to temp and energy savings information. Will also be interesting to see how the schedule changes over time.


Nest Learning Thermostat  on a 1-5 scale?
Ease of Use: 5
Accuracy: 4 
Support: N/A
iOS App: 4.8 




No comments: