Tuesday, July 14, 2009

update on Grandfather pt. 2

I again thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

When we had last left Florida my Grandfather was doing quite well. He was working through his rehab for his hip, although he did have a stumble or two. As you may have guessed by now, he's not a man to be held down. He's always on the go, and because of this he did manage to fall at least 2 times that I know of during his stay in the Rehabilitation facility.


This brings us up to date well nearly up to date, last Thursday he started running a fever and as such they ended up taking him to the Hospital ER once again. After the normal rigor of tests it was determined that he had an urinary tract infection. To you and I this may not seem like a big deal however to a 91 year old man with weak kidneys this must be considered more serious. As it turns out they were able to get him onto antibiotics to help tame the infection. As I understand it, the Dr. (s) feel that this may be yet another toll on his rehab and stability. I also understand that his kidney function is still slowly deteriorating.

At this time, when I call to talk to grandpa its hard for him to talk, I guess the antibiotics and other meds can cause yeasts to grow in his throat that make it more difficult. I know that grandpa is a strong man, and I also know that he is a firm believer in God and Jesus Christ. As he's said, its in God's hands and God knows the right thing to do.

This isn't an easy pill to swallow when you are hearing this from your own loved ones. I'll admit, I've been blessed to not have to deal with much death since I was a child. I know that this will never be an easy thing to deal with. Death may be mysterious, it may be unknown, but we can all be assured that some day our time to will come to an end. If there was one thing I could hope its that I too will be able to look squarely at the ones I love, and tell them that I trust God to make the decisions for me.

Together my grandparents have been instrumental to my life and the love they've shared with me has been life changing.

Today whilst I was thinking about my Grandfather; I had this thought today come to my head. Maybe it will mean something to you too?

The life we live, guides the legacy we leave behind...
-- Matthew Eash


I was online last night, looking up some bible verses and I came across a few that I think make sense. I thought maybe I would share a couple with you.

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

Be still, and know that I am God
Psalm 46:10

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid."
John 14:27

1 comment:

Mary Rush said...

Articulate and beautiful, Matt. Thanks for sharing your inspiring thoughts. Love you. Aunt Mary