Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mini-Marathon Update... Finished and PR

So another Mini-marathon has come and gone. As I said before I was a bit disappointed with my training. It had really fallen off since the Full in March. Seems life got in the way.

Anyway, as it turned out Steve and I ran about a perfect consistent 10:00 - 10:20 min/mile. As you may recall my goal was to do it in 2:14:59...

As we came up on mile 11.5ish.. :) I was feeling pretty good. At mile 12, the clock time was 2:06 and change. I had to basically do the next 1.1 mile in under 10 minutes to make a 2:10 time. I felt like I could do that so I started to increase the pace.

At some point in there I started to feel a little ahead of myself and I decided to take a quick walk at about 3/4 mile to go and then again a 1/2mile to go.

I crossed the finish line and was excited... and saw I had missed the 2:10 mark by about 30 seconds...

So we went to the results tent to get the official results....

Here they are: My New Personal Record!
2:10:05 seconds!
9:56 min/mile
YES I MISSED THE 2:10:00 by 5 seconds! but i still broke the 10min/mile mark.

I am looking at doing the Giest Half on the 17th... we shall see
-me-

1 comment:

travelpro said...

Good Morning Matt
Congratulations on your successful marathon. Take care and relax the housing will definitely come out with what is best for you and the family. Hope the new job is going well.

Have a great day!
Gail