Sunday, January 13, 2008

Magical Day!

I have done it... I have reached a new major milestone. I know it may seem like each week brings a new one. That is because it does! Today though is a different kind of milestone.

Today I ran a Half-Marathon Yes, 13.1 miles, actually did 13.2 but who is counting ;) This even worked out to be a Personal Record (PR). Which begs the question can you set a PR in training or does it have to be during a race. I last ran the mini-marathon at 2:20:13. Todays 13.2 miles was in 2:13:40 so again, is it a PR. I say Yes! Maybe not to the elite runners but to me it means something. Today's pace is 35 sec/mile faster than the mini.

OH-YEAH!~ This is getting fun! I know, that is weird, but it is fun!

2 comments:

Mary Rush said...

Hey Matt -- Way to Go!!! I think you also hit a runner's euphoric high. Keep going, only 44 more days left. I'm proud of your accomplishment. That’s the way to hang in there, kiddo. Your enthusiasm is contagious.

Mary Rush said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I started two Blogs this past month at your suggestion. Check 'em out: myartnotes.blogspot.com and wisdompainting.blogspot.com. They are both in the beginning stages so I have not let a lot of people know about them, only 1 or 2 others to be exact.