Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bathroom Demolition - Learning Expirence #1

On to day two: Day two was a bit more "Fun". Knowing that I have to move the feed lines for the water i cut a hole in the floor. Then it was time to remove the old shower . This is where the "Learning Expirence" Started :) I removed all the sides no problem and then struggled a little with the base. When the base finally came out, I noticed that the drain pipe had broken. I had tried to remove the rubber gasket with a scredriver, but it didn't want to come loose. Apparently the pipe wanted to come loose instead. So now I get to do a little plumbing work at the start. Not a big deal really, just an added step.

Of course, being home by myself with the kids made this a little more difficult to resolve since I couldn't go to the store. When Rachelle got home, i went and found that neither Meijer or Wal-Mart had what I need.... It isn't a big deal really, just a broken drain. That pretty much prevents water use in our bathroom.

It will get repaired tonight, but put this one on the things learned list :)

Till next time,
-matt-

No comments: